Sorry the event you are looking for can not be found.
Ahoy, me hearties!! Are ye ready for today's piratey tricks?
The Remarkables Adaptive Program hosts two fun competitions in conjunction with International Talk like a Pirate Day - The Peg Leg Endurance Race, the Cardboard Pirate Ship Race, and new this season - a mountain wide Treasure Hunt. Arrgh!
Mountain Wide Treasure Hunt
Fun for everyone, search for the pirate's hidden booty across the mountain! More details coming soon.
Peg Leg Endurance Race
Shiver me timbers! This is a team endurance event where teams obtain sponsorship for each lap completed between 9:30am and 1:00pm. Entry is open to anyone, please request an entry form below.
- A fun course will be set up on Alta Blue and racers will complete the course on one ski with or without an outrigger.
- Teams may consist of up to 5 members and must hand in a completed registration form on or before September 19.
- Teams are to obtain sponsorship for each lap completed with a gold coin contribution.
- Team laps will be recorded throughout the day and a prize will be awarded to the top fundraising team.
- Pick up your registration forms from the Administrative or Snowsports offices or via the link below.
Pirate Ship Race
Heave ho! The famous Pirate Ship Race starts at 2pm adjacent to the S'Curvey Basin chairlift. This event is open to NZSki staff only, but our crew have worked hard to craft their mighty ships out of upcycled cardboard, so come watch hilarity ensue as they sail towards the finish line!
All proceeds from these events will directly benefit the Remarkables Adaptive Program.