We are going Cashless
This year we won't be accepting any cash in our F&B outlets or in guest services to purchase products.
Please ensure you have a debit or credit card, or you have loaded money on to your MyPass card prior to arriving on mountain.
If you are booked into a ski or snowboard lesson and need to change the date your are booked into, please follow the below link to reschedule.
Please note, due to limited capacity, not every date may be available. For private lessons we require 24 hours’ notice prior to your lesson time for rescheduling.
When is the ski season?
The New Zealand ski season runs from early June to October. Opening and closing dates vary depending on snow conditions.
Coronet Peak Opens Friday 26 June
Open 7 days a week
First Tracks from 8-9am daily from 6 July - 13 September
Night Ski on Wednesday & Friday nights from 1 July - 28 August
Scheduled Closing Date is Sunday 27 September
The Remarkables Opens Saturday 4 July
- Open Thursday - Sunday, then open daily from 26th September through till 11 October.
New Sugar Bowl Chairlift is open
Scheduled Closing Date is Sunday 11 October.
Mt Hutt Opens Friday 12 June
NEW Mid-Week Season Pass available
Weekend First Tracks from 8-9am starting 4 July
Scheduled Closing Date is Sunday 11 October
What time does the mountain open?
How do I get there?
Escape the hustle below and head up to The Remarkables! The drive is a scenic 45 minutes from central Queenstown (24kms away).
Drive your own way up or catch a shuttle up from the Snow Centre in Central Queenstown on Duke St.
To use the Ski Bus you will need a MyPass card and with valid bus passes on it. You can purchase these online and collect your MyPass card from our Snow Centre on Shotover st in central Queenstown.
Please ensure you allow plenty of time to get up the mountain in winter and always carry chains and drive to the conditions. If you have a lesson booked, you will need to ensure you allow enough time to get from the car/bus, pick up your lift pass, get your equipment sorted and then make your way to the lesson start area.
Is there much Beginner Terrain at The Remarkables?
The Remarkables ski field has a massive learners area with a perfect pitch to progress and become confident. Our 3 surface conveyor lifts are dedicated to beginners. This provides ample room for large turns and space to test your limits in a safe environment.
What is a beginner lift pass?
A Beginner Pass gives you access to our beginner lifts at The Remarkables. This includes our 3 conveyors. With a beginner lift pass you will not be able to access the other chairlifts at The Remarkables. If you’re feeling good and want to give it a go, you can upgrade your lift pass at Guests Services.
How can I hire Ski/Snowboard equipment?
Save yourself the hassle of lugging your gear from town. We have you covered.
From clothing to skis, boots, snowboards, helmets and more, we will have you out on the snow, hassle free, in no time! We have equipment for ages 4 and up. If you have a younger child you would like to get on skies, please contact us directly and we will see what we can do.
We carry brands such as Head, Burton and Salomon to give you a choice of fit and feel. As you start to progress, you can upgrade from our recreational to performance rentals Hiring your ski or snowboard gear on the mountain means you can take advantage of FREE overnight storage! If your ski's aren't performing well or you think you might have the incorrect sized ski boots, you can take your gear in and get it changed right away, ensuring your comfort and enjoyment.
Please be aware that due to health reasons, The Remarkables cannot rent gloves, hats or goggles. However you can purchase these at the Sno Shop.
What do I need to bring?
Preparation is key to have a great day on the mountain, so when you pack for your first trip to the snow, remember to include:
- Boots or shoes with a bit of a tread for all family members.
- Dress warm! It can be a bit brisk on the mountain so it’s important to layer up. Thermals, (merino is a great base layer), a thicker mid-layer top and ski or hiking socks.
- Waterproof pants and a jacket are a must to keep yourself dry and to protect you from the changing conditions (rentals are available on the mountain).
- No one wants a goggle tan! Sunscreen and lip balm to protect you and your family from the UV rays so you do not end up with a goggle tan.
- Eye protection is important, even on cloudy days – and don’t forget goggles or sunnies for the kids!
- We strongly recommend wearing a helmet on the snow, you can hire one from us or purchase at the retail shop.
- Waterproof gloves.
- If you forget anything, almost everything you need is available right here on the mountain at our rental shop and retail Shop. And if you get hungry or thirsty, we’ve got you covered at our restaurant and café.
Where do I collect my lift pass?
You can collect your lift passes before you ski by going to our Snow Centre in central Queenstown located at 41 Shotover Street (opposite Fergburger).
If you are driving directly up to The Remarkables you can pick up your lift passes from Guest Services located on your right as you walk in to the ground level of the base building.
Where do I go if I am taking lessons?
Our lessons at The Remarkables start on snow at the side of the learner’s area. Look for the red Snowsports School flags or blue Kea Club flags for kids.
When in doubt ask someone wearing a red jacket or pop by Guest Services.
Please arrive 15 minutes early for your lesson. This will allow instructors enough time to divide the groups properly.
Each lesson has a maximum group number for safety and optimal learning.
Where do I collect my rental gear?
You can collect your rental gear directly from The Remarkables (on your right as you enter ground level of the base building) or from our partner store Snowbiz located at 9 Duke Street in Central Queenstown.
To collect your rental gear at The Remarkables you need to have your mypass card printed and with you. If you do not have your mypass card just pop by one of our Guest Services Locations, just meters away from our rental shops.
What's Included in the 3 Peak Pass
The 3 Peak season pass gives you unlimited skiing and snowboarding at Coronet Peak (including FREE Night Ski on Wednesday and Friday nights in July and August), The Remarkables and Canterbury's Mt Hutt ski areas. See below for pass details.
Your 2020 3 Peak Pass includes all of these benefits:
- 3 Peak Pass holders receive 50% off single day passes at all Mountain Collective resorts for the 2020/2021 ski season.
- 20% off standard lift pass prices at Ohau Ski Field for 2020.
- 10% discount at the Snow Shop retail outlets on mountain (offer does not apply to sale items or other special offers)
- 10% discount at the ski repair workshop on mountain.
- If you purchase a 3 Peak Season Pass during the 2020 Earlybird sale you are entitled to a discounted 2 hour or 3 hour private lesson at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables in Queenstown. 2 Hour Private Lessons are available for $299 and 3 Hour Private Lessons are available for $399. This discount is only available to those who purchase a 3 Peak Pass during the 2020 Earlybird sale, and is a separate offer from any other promotion(s).
- 2019 and 2020 Season Pass holders can ski for free at the Kiroro Ski Resort for the duration of their stay if they are staying at the Kiroro Ski Resort.
- Pass Protection costs an additional $40 and can be added to your 3 Peak Pass at the time of purchase. Terms and conditions apply.
Age is as of 1st June for the season in which you purchased for. All lift users require a MyPass card. Photographic ID will be required.
- Child is 8 – 17yrs inclusive. If currently attending high-school and 18 years, a Student Pass applies.
- 7yrs and under ski or ride for free at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables.
- 10yrs and under ski or ride free at Mt Hutt.
- Student is 18+yrs enrolled full time (minimum 32 weeks in a calendar year) with a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution. Student ID & proof of full time status (letter from institution) is required. ID card must be in English & include a valid expiry date. ISIC cards are not accepted.
- Senior is 65–74yrs of age. Photo ID will be required.
- Guests 75yrs of age or older, on day of purchase, ski for free. Please collect a complimentary lift pass from the ticket office. Photo ID will be required.
Pass Protection costs $40 and can be added to your 3 Peak Pass purchase. Pass protection is your injury/medical cover and provides for full or partial refund of the season pass where an injury, medical condition or travel ban imposed by regulatory bodies, precludes or significantly limits ability to use the pass throughout the entire season.
Refund applications for injury or medical reasons must be made by completing the NZSki season pass refund form available from any of our guest services team. The form must be supported with a doctor's certificate or other evidence acceptable to NZSki. NZSki reserves the right to obtain independent medical advice to validate any claim. The value of refunds will be calculated based on the use of the pass according to the table below and in conjunction with the following expiry dates. There will be no refunds after 6 weeks from the pass holders first day of pass use. There will be no refunds after 31 August of each season. Refunds extend to the value of the pass type purchased only and do not cover any ancillary or other associated costs. The pass protection add-on is regarded as an ancillary cost. Refunds will be made to the credit card used to purchase the pass and the pass will be cancelled.
0 days (pass not used) 100%
1 day – 87.5% refund
2 days - 75% refund
3 days – 62.5% refund
4 days - 50% refund
5 days – 37.5% refund
6 days - 25% refund
7 days – 12.5% refund
8+ days - no refund
First Tracks Add On
The corduroy is calling!
A Coronet Peak First Tracks pass can be purchased as a season pass add on to your 3 Peak Pass, or as an addition to your regular day pass. This gives access to the Coronet Express from 8am - 9am daily from late June / early July through late in the season.
A Mt Hutt First Tracks pass can be purchased as a season pass add on to your 3 Peak Pass, Mt Hutt Pass, or as an addition to your regular day pass, but is a separate product to the Coronet Peak First Tracks product. Mt Hutt First Tracks gives you access to from 8am - 9am on Saturdays and Sundays from late June through to late in the season.
The operation of First Tracks is subject to the availability and operation of the lifts and to snow and weather conditions. Access to trails will be subject to operational requirements, weather and snow conditions, and any scheduled race/events.
Coronet Peak and Mt Hutt do not guarantee the operation of First Tracks on any particular day.
If you have already purchased your season pass, please contact our guest services team to add a First Tracks Season Pass to your MyPass Account.
Cancellations, Refunds, and Transfers
Evidence of full-time enrolment at a New Zealand or Australian learning institution is required at the time of pass collection by presenting your student ID card and proof of full-time status.
Your MyPass card is your lift pass to ski and snowboard at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt ski area plus you can add MyPass money to your MyPass card making it your on-mountain debit card.
Your personal MyPass account provides you with ability to add MyPass money, view your daily skiing and snowboarding statistics and other account details.