Do you accept cash?
In an effort to improve our contactless environment, we have moved to become a cashless mountain, so please be sure to bring your contactless payment methods. This can be a debit or credit card, or you have loaded money on to your MyPass card prior to arriving on mountain.
How can I reschedule a lesson?
If you are booked into a ski or snowboard lesson and need to change the date your are booked into, please follow the below link to reschedule.
Please note, due to limited capacity, not every date may be available. For private lessons we require 24 hours’ notice prior to your lesson time for rescheduling.
When is the ski season?
The New Zealand ski season runs from early June to October. Opening and closing dates vary depending on snow conditions.
- Opens Saturday 19 June
- Open 7 days a week 9am - 4pm
- First Tracks from 8-9am daily from 5 July - 12 September
- Night Ski on Wednesday & Friday nights from 23 June - 27 August.
- Saturday Night Ski on select dates 10, 17, 24 July and 14 August
- Scheduled Closing Date is Sunday 26 September
- Opens Saturday 26 June
- Open 7 days a week 9am - 4pm
Scheduled Closing Date is Sunday 17 October
Opens Friday 11 June
Open 7 days a week 9am - 4pm
- Mid-Week Season Pass available
Weekend First Tracks from 8-9am starting 3 July
Scheduled Closing Date is Sunday 17 October
What time does the mountain open?
Is there much beginner terrain at The Remarkables?
The Remarkables ski field has a large learners area with an ideal pitch to progress and become confident. We have three surface conveyor lifts that are dedicated to beginners, two of these are covered. This provides ample room for large turns and space to test your limits in a safe environment.
What is a beginner lift pass?
A beginner pass gives you access to our beginner lifts at The Remarkables. This includes our three conveyors. With a beginner lift pass you will not be able to access the other chairlifts at The Remarkables. If you’re feeling confident with your new found abilities and want to give the chairlifts a go, you can upgrade your lift pass at Guests Services.
How can I hire Ski/Snowboard equipment?
You can hire ski or snowboard gear, including clothing and helmets when you are on mountain.
When you purchase your lift tickets, either online or from one of our guest service team members, you can add on rental equipment.
Then once you are on mountain, take your MyPass card loaded with your rentals and lift pass to our rental team.
Here, they will guide you through getting you out on snow easily.
Hiring ski or snowboard equipment on mountain means you don't have to lug your gear from town. You simply pick it up in the morning when you arrive, and drop it back before going home. If you are skiing/boarding for more than one day you can take advantage of our FREE overnight storage too!
We have equipment for ages 4 and up. If you have a younger child you would like to get on skies, please contact us directly and we will see what we can do.
We carry brands such as Head, Burton and Salomon to give you a choice of fit and feel. As you start to progress, you can upgrade from our recreational to performance rentals. We also tune our gear regularly so it's in top shape when you hit the slopes.
If your ski's aren't performing well or you think you might have the incorrect sized ski boots, you can take your gear in and get it changed right away, ensuring your comfort and enjoyment.
Due to health reasons we don't rent gloves, hats or goggles but you can purchase these at our retail shop on mountain.
What do I need to bring?
Preparation is key to have a great day on the mountain, so when you pack for your first trip to the snow, remember to include:
- Boots or shoes with a bit of a tread for all family members.
- Dress warm! It can get cold on the mountain so it’s important to layer up. Thermals, (merino is a great base layer), a thicker mid-layer top and ski or hiking socks.
- Waterproof pants and a jacket are a must to keep yourself dry and to protect you from the changing conditions (rentals are available on the mountain).
- Sunscreen and lip balm to protect you and your family from the UV rays - no one wants a goggle tan!
- Eye protection is important, even on cloudy days the snow can be very bright so don’t forget your goggles or sun glasses!
- We strongly recommend wearing a helmet when you are skiing or snowboarding. You can hire one from us or purchase at the retail shop.
- Even the best of us fall over sometimes so to keep your hands warm and dry waterproof gloves are a good idea.
If you forget anything we have most of what you might need right here on the mountain in our rental department or retail shop. And if you get hungry or thirsty, we’ve got you covered at our restaurant and café.
How do I get there?
Escape the hustle below and head up to The Remarkables! The drive is a scenic 45 minutes from central Queenstown (24kms away).
Drive your own way up or catch a shuttle up from the Snow Centre in Central Queenstown on Duke St.
To use the Ski Bus you will need a MyPass card and with valid bus passes on it. You can purchase these online and collect your MyPass card from our Snow Centre on Shotover st in central Queenstown.
Please ensure you allow plenty of time to get up the mountain in winter and always carry chains and drive to the conditions. If you have a lesson booked, you will need to ensure you allow enough time to get from the car/bus, pick up your lift pass, get your equipment sorted and then make your way to the lesson start area.
Where do I collect my lift pass?
To avoid queues on the mountain, we recommend collecting your MyPass card before you visit.
If you have a MyPass card from a previous season, you will be able to go straight to the lifts.
If you are in Queenstown, you can pick your pass up our Snow Centre on Shotover Street (opposite Fergburger), 10am-6pm, 7 days a week, before the 14th of March.
If you would like to have your pass mailed out to you free of charge, please make a request by filling out the form below.
Alternatively you can pick it up from our mountains when we open.
Where do I go if I am taking lessons?
Our lessons at The Remarkables start on snow at the side of the learner’s area. Look for the red Snowsports School flags or blue Kea Club flags for kids.
When in doubt ask someone wearing a red jacket or pop by Guest Services.
Please arrive 15 minutes early for your lesson. This will allow instructors enough time to divide the groups properly.
Each lesson has a maximum group number for safety and optimal learning.
Where do I collect my rental gear?
You can collect your rental gear directly from The Remarkables through our rentals team. When you enter the base building you will find our lovely rentals team on your right.
To collect your rental gear you need to have your mypass card printed and with you. If you do not have your mypass card just pop by one of our Guest Services Locations. At The Remarkables you will find this in front of rentals. In Queenstown you can find Guest Services at 41 Shotover Street (opposite Fergburger).
If you prefer to collect your gear in Queenstown you can visit our partner store Snowbiz located in Queenstown Centre (9 Duke Street, The Station Building). This way you can get your gear the night before and head straight out on snow the following morning.
What's Included in the 3 Peak Pass
The 3 Peak season pass gives you unlimited skiing and snowboarding at Coronet Peak (including FREE Night Ski on Wednesday and Friday nights in July and August), The Remarkables and Canterbury's Mt Hutt ski areas. See below for pass details.
Your 2020 3 Peak Pass includes all of these benefits:
- 3 Peak Pass holders receive 50% off single day passes at all Mountain Collective resorts for the 2020/2021 ski season.
- 20% off standard lift pass prices at Ohau Ski Field for 2020.
- 10% discount at the Snow Shop retail outlets on mountain (offer does not apply to sale items or other special offers)
- 10% discount at the ski repair workshop on mountain.
- If you purchase a 3 Peak Season Pass during the 2020 Earlybird sale you are entitled to a discounted 2 hour or 3 hour private lesson at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables in Queenstown. 2 Hour Private Lessons are available for $299 and 3 Hour Private Lessons are available for $399. This discount is only available to those who purchase a 3 Peak Pass during the 2020 Earlybird sale, and is a separate offer from any other promotion(s).
- 2019 and 2020 Season Pass holders can ski for free at the Kiroro Ski Resort for the duration of their stay if they are staying at the Kiroro Ski Resort.
- Pass Protection costs an additional $40 and can be added to your 3 Peak Pass at the time of purchase. Terms and conditions apply.
Age is as of 1st June for the season in which you purchased for. All lift users require a MyPass card. Photographic ID will be required.
- Child is 8 – 17yrs inclusive. If currently attending high-school and 18 years, a Student Pass applies.
- 7yrs and under ski or ride for free at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables.
- 10yrs and under ski or ride free at Mt Hutt.
- Student is 18+yrs enrolled full time (minimum 32 weeks in a calendar year) with a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution. Student ID & proof of full time status (letter from institution) is required. ID card must be in English & include a valid expiry date. ISIC cards are not accepted.
- Senior is 65–74yrs of age. Photo ID will be required.
- Guests 75yrs of age or older, on day of purchase, ski for free. Please collect a complimentary lift pass from the ticket office. Photo ID will be required.
Pass Protection costs $40 and can be added to your 3 Peak Pass purchase. Pass protection is your injury/medical cover and provides for full or partial refund of the season pass where an injury, medical condition or travel ban imposed by regulatory bodies, precludes or significantly limits ability to use the pass throughout the entire season.
Refund applications for injury or medical reasons must be made by completing the NZSki season pass refund form available from any of our guest services team. The form must be supported with a doctor's certificate or other evidence acceptable to NZSki. NZSki reserves the right to obtain independent medical advice to validate any claim. The value of refunds will be calculated based on the use of the pass according to the table below and in conjunction with the following expiry dates. There will be no refunds after 6 weeks from the pass holders first day of pass use. There will be no refunds after 31 August of each season. Refunds extend to the value of the pass type purchased only and do not cover any ancillary or other associated costs. The pass protection add-on is regarded as an ancillary cost. Refunds will be made to the credit card used to purchase the pass and the pass will be cancelled.
0 days (pass not used) 100%
1 day – 87.5% refund
2 days - 75% refund
3 days – 62.5% refund
4 days - 50% refund
5 days – 37.5% refund
6 days - 25% refund
7 days – 12.5% refund
8+ days - no refund
First Tracks Add On
The corduroy is calling!
A Coronet Peak First Tracks pass can be purchased as a season pass add on to your 3 Peak Pass, or as an addition to your regular day pass. This gives access to the Coronet Express from 8am - 9am daily from late June / early July through late in the season.
A Mt Hutt First Tracks pass can be purchased as a season pass add on to your 3 Peak Pass, Mt Hutt Pass, or as an addition to your regular day pass, but is a separate product to the Coronet Peak First Tracks product. Mt Hutt First Tracks gives you access to from 8am - 9am on Saturdays and Sundays from late June through to late in the season.
The operation of First Tracks is subject to the availability and operation of the lifts and to snow and weather conditions. Access to trails will be subject to operational requirements, weather and snow conditions, and any scheduled race/events.
Coronet Peak and Mt Hutt do not guarantee the operation of First Tracks on any particular day.
If you have already purchased your season pass, please contact our guest services team to add a First Tracks Season Pass to your MyPass Account.
Cancellations, Refunds, and Transfers
Evidence of full-time enrolment at a New Zealand or Australian learning institution is required at the time of pass collection by presenting your student ID card and proof of full-time status.
Your MyPass card is your lift pass to ski and snowboard at Coronet Peak, The Remarkables and Mt Hutt ski area plus you can add MyPass money to your MyPass card making it your on-mountain debit card.
Your personal MyPass account provides you with ability to add MyPass money, view your daily skiing and snowboarding statistics and other account details.