Fun For The
Ages 5 - 15 Includes
2021 Details Available Soon
An all-inclusive kids specific package from 10:30am – 4pm. Kea Club includes 2x 2 hour lessons, and ski or snowboard rental! Open to kids off all abilities, Kea Club will help your kids progress their skills on the mountain in a fun and safe environment.
2021 Details Available Soon
We offer a range of kids ski and snowboard programs for all abilities. From School holiday programs to ongoing skills and competitive development coaching.
Where do I take my kids for lessons?
Our lessons at The Remarkables start at the side of the learner’s area. Please arrive 15 minutes early for your lesson. This will allow instructors enough time to divide the groups properly. Each lesson has a maximum group number for safety and optimal learning.
Look for the blue Kea Club flags at the bottom of the learners area for our meeting area.
What will my kids learn?
Whether your youngsters want to shred the park or are just sliding on snow for the first time, our instructors will progress their skill level and make sure they have a fun safe day. So you can ski or board with peace of mind.
Do you have rentals equipment for kids?
Save yourself the hassle of lugging your gear from town. We have you covered. From clothing to skis, boots, snowboards, helmets and more, we will have you out on the snow, hassle free, in no time! We carry brands such as Head, Burton and Salomon to give you a choice of fit and feel. As you start to progress with your skiing or snowboarding, you can upgrade from our recreational to performance rentals. Hiring your ski or snowboard gear on the mountain means you can take advantage of FREE overnight storage! If your ski's aren't performing well or you think you might have the incorrect sized ski boots, you can take your gear in and get it changed right away, ensuring your comfort and enjoyment. Please be aware that due to health reasons, The Remarkables cannot rent gloves, hats or goggles. However you can purchase these at the Sno Shop.
What do I need to bring?
Preparation is key to have a great day on the slopes, so when you pack for your first trip to the snow, remember to include:
- Boots or shoes with a bit of a tread for all family members.
- Dress warm! It can be a bit brisk on the mountain so it’s important to layer up. Thermals, (merino is a great base layer), a thicker mid-layer top and ski or hiking socks.
- Waterproof pants and a jacket are a must to keep yourself dry and to protect you from the changing conditions (rentals are available on the mountain).
- No one wants a goggle burn! Sunscreen and lip balm to protect you and your family from the UV rays so you do not end up with a goggle tan.
- Eye protection is important, even on cloudy days – and don’t forget goggles or sunnies for the kids!
- We recommend wearing a helmet on the snow, you can hire one from us or purchase at the retail shop.
- Waterproof gloves.
- If you forget anything, almost everything you need is available right here on the mountain at our rental shop and the Sno Shop. And if you get hungry or thirsty, we’ve got you covered at our restaurant and café.
How do I get there?
Escape the hustle below and head up to The Remarkables! The drive is 45 minutes from central Queenstown (24kms away) and you can catch a shuttle up from the Snow Centre or request a shuttle to stop at your hotel in town. Visit our Transport Page for more details.
When is the Ski Season?
The New Zealand Ski Season runs from June to October. Please check our weather pages before heading up.
Can I get food on the mountain?
You bet! We’ve got restaurants, cafes and Ice Bars to keep you fuelled up and hydrated for an epic day on the snow.
What time does the mountain open?
The Remarkable is open daily from 9am – 4pm, subject to weather conditions.