Terms & Conditions
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Here you will find all of our terms and conditions and requirements for using our ski areas, lift passes and mypass cards along with NZSki's policies regarding your privacy online and our online marketing.
Season Pass and Multi-Day Lift pass terms and conditions outline all legal requirements and everything you need to know about purchasing and using these products including details on season pass instalment payments.
GENERAL - APPLIES TO ALL PASS HOLDERS:
The operating season of the NZSki Limited (NZSki) ski areas is subject to snow, weather and mountain conditions and the season may be longer or shorter than publicised. NZSki makes no warrant as to the length of season, number of lifts operating at any time or to the operation or otherwise of an area on any particular day.
Reference to Season Pass, pass or mypass refers to the plastic RFID card and the products that are loaded against the individual that the RFID card identifies within the NZSki database.
Season Passes are non-refundable under any circumstances unless the Injury/Medical cover option has been purchased. This Injury/Medical cover option (Pass Protection) is an additional cost of $40, which is made available to you at the time of purchase.
Age is as of 1st June in the season for which you have purchased.
- 5yrs and under ski or ride for free at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables.
- 10yrs and under ski or ride free at Mt Hutt.
- Child: 6 – 17yrs inclusive.
- If currently attending high-school and is 18 years, a Student Pass applies.
- Adult: 18 - 65 years.
- Senior: 65–74yrs of age. Photo ID will be required.
- Super Senior: 75yrs of age or older, on day of purchase, ski for free. Please collect a complimentary lift pass from the ticket office. Photo ID will be required.
All lift users require a MyPass card. Photographic ID will be required.
Student is 18+yrs enrolled full time (minimum 32 weeks in a calendar year) with a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution.
Evidence of full-time enrolment in the form of a valid, photographic student ID from a New Zealand or Australian tertiary institution is required. BCITO, ISIC and other international student cards are not accepted. Evidence must be sighted at Guest Services before your student season pass is activated for winter.
PART A - APPLIES TO ALL PASS HOLDERS:
Season Passes are non-refundable under any circumstances unless the Pass Protection option has been purchased.
Pass protection is your injury/medical cover and provides for full or partial refund of the season pass where an injury, medical condition, or travel ban imposed by regulatory bodies, precludes or significantly limits ability to use the pass throughout the entire season.
An injury or medical condition that precludes or significantly limits ability to use the pass throughout the entire season. Refund applications for injury or medical reasons must be made by completing the NZSki season pass refund form available from any of our guest services team and supported with a doctor's certificate or other evidence acceptable to NZSki. NZSki reserves the right to obtain independent medical advice to validate any claim. The value of refunds will be calculated based on the use of the pass and in conjunction with the expiry dates or validity period for that product. There will be no refunds after six weeks from the pass holder's first day of pass use.
There will be no refunds after 31st August for the winter season for which that pass was purchased for, irrespective of pass use. Refunds extend to the value of the pass type purchased only and do not cover any ancillary or other associated costs. The Pass Protection add-on is regarded as an ancillary cost. Refunds will be made to the credit card used to purchase the pass and the pass will be cancelled.
Passes and products are not transferable. The pass may only be used by the person whose name it bears and photograph it matches in NZSki's records. Transferring or re-selling your pass or product is an offence and may result in penalties including loss of access to ski area facilities and possible prosecution.
Both the identified pass holder and the person who attempts to use that pass to unlawfully gain access to the lifts will face possible prosecution and be subject to a trespass order which will prevent access to Mt Hutt in Canterbury and all Southern lakes ski areas that are members of the Ski Area Association New Zealand for a period of two years.
If you lose your pass or it is stolen please report it immediately on 0800 NZSKIPASS (0800 697 547) so we can suspend/cancel it. An administration fee will apply to replace your pass.
NZSki reserves the right to decline to reissue the pass or to issue you with passes in the future if a third party is found using your pass without its loss recorded in our system.
Your pass cannot be used for commercial purposes without the prior approval of NZSki Ltd.
Photo identification will be required on collection of your pass/card or when updating your photograph. If you are purchasing for the first time with us online, you can also upload a photo through our webstore. Please note that if the photo uploaded does not meet our criteria you may be asked to update this in person at one of our Guest Services locations. Passes with photos that do not meet our criteria may be temporarily suspended.
All pass holders must abide by the ski area user responsibility code. Misconduct will result in cancellation or suspension of the pass with no refund. Misconduct includes, but is not limited to, reckless or dangerous skiing or snowboarding, excessive speed within a slow or learning zone, disregard for closed areas, unsociable behaviour, skiing or snowboarding under the influence of alcohol or drugs, supply of incorrect information or breach of the conditions as per the Snow Responsibility Code.
All pass holders must abide by all signs and instructions when driving on ski area access roads. Failure to abide by signs and instructions or reckless and dangerous driving will result in cancellation or suspension of the pass with no refund.
You must carry your pass with you at all times when skiing or snowboarding.
Use of any season pass is subject to the Terms & Conditions of the specific ski area at which you are using the pass.
PART B - SPECIFIC TO DIFFERENT PASS TYPES:
Pass holder conditions as listed in Part A above also apply to all of the Part B specific pass types.
As a purchaser/user of any NZSki Ltd season pass – 3 Peak Pass and Mt Hutt Pass - we require your understanding and agreement to the outlined terms and conditions:
- Any season pass upgrade purchased without Pass Protection is not eligible for a refund.
- If Pass Protection is purchased, the sliding scale applies.
- Season passes are non- transferrable and non-refundable.
- All refunds are final as of the close of the season.
THE 3 PEAK PASS:
This season pass provides the holder with unlimited skiing and snowboarding at Coronet Peak, Mt Hutt and The Remarkables for the season that pass was purchased for. This includes standard operating hours of 9am - 4pm, plus Night Skiing at Coronet Peak on Wednesday, Friday and Saturday nights from 4pm - 9pm when available.
THE MT HUTT PASS:
This season pass provides holders with unlimited skiing and snowboarding at Mt Hutt only for the season the pass was purchased for. This includes the standard operating hours of 9am - 4pm. In addition, holders are entitled to a $20 discount for adults and $15 discount for for children (ages 6-17) and seniors (65+) on the standard day pass rates at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables.
THE CORONET PEAK FIRST TRACKS ADD-ON :
Provides access to the Coronet Express lift from 8am - 9am from late June / early July through to mid/late September for the season it was purchased for. The First Tracks pass is available as a season pass or day pass add-on.
The operation of First Tracks is subject to the availability and operation of the lifts and to snow and weather conditions. Access to trails will be subject to operational requirements, weather and snow conditions and any scheduled race/events. Coronet Peak does not guarantee the operation of First Tracks on any particular day. The Coronet Peak First Tracks add-on is not valid for Mt Hutt First Tracks.
THE MT HUTT FIRST TRACKS ADD-ON:
Provides access to the Summit Six Express lift on Saturdays and Sundays from 8am to 9am from late June / early July through to late in the season for which that pass was purchased for. The First Tracks pass is available as a season pass or day pass add-on.
Mt Hutt First Tracks add-on is available to purchase following the purchase of the Mt Hutt Pass or 3 Peak Pass.
The operation of First Tracks is subject to the availability and operation of the lifts and to snow and weather conditions. Access to trails will be subject to operational requirements, weather and snow conditions and any scheduled race/events. Mt Hutt does not guarantee the operation of First Tracks on any particular Saturday or Sunday. The Mt Hutt First Tracks add-on is not valid for Coronet Peak First Tracks.
3 PEAK PASS DISCOUNTED PRIVATE LESSON:
If you purchase a 2020 winter season 3 Peak Season Pass during the 2020 Earlybird sale you are entitled to a discounted 2 hour or 3 hour private lesson at Coronet Peak and The Remarkables in Queenstown, or Mt Hutt in Methven. 2 Hour Private Lessons are available for $299 and 3 Hour Private Lessons are available for $399.
Private lessons are subject to availability and we recommend booking a minimum of 48 hours in advance to avoid disappointment. These Private Lesson discounts are only available to Adult, Senior, Student and Child (6-17) age groups, and exclude 5 & under, 75 and over, and Local School Passes. The discount voucher will be uploaded to your MyPass account to be redeemed once only in the 2020 season.
PART C - SPECIFIC PRODUCTS - PRIVATE LESSONS AND SKIWILAND:
- Bookings are fully refundable with no charge when we receive more than 48 hours notice for a cancellation.
- Bookings are full changeable by date only up to 24 hours before the lesson is due to take place. This is subject to availability and may not be possible in all circumstances.
- There are no refunds for no shows, cancellations or rescheduling made within 24 hours of the original booking's start time.
- Bookings missed due to illness or injury will be refunded on presentation of a medical certificate as per our general terms of sale.
- Bookings missed in the event of a mountain closed day will be rescheduled where possible, or refunded if another day cannot be rescheduled.
LIFT SLOPE AND TERRAIN USE:
A valid lift pass (associated to a valid MyPass card) is required to use any of the above facilities at Mt Hutt, Coronet Peak and The Remarkables ski areas. Using or attempting to use any of the above facilities without a valid lift pass will result in some/all of the following penalties:
- A requirement to purchase a valid lift pass or passes to cover the fraudulent use.
- Issuance of a trespass notice preventing any future visit to the ski area; and/or a report to the police with the option of prosecution to the full extent of the law.
PLEASE NOTE: ENTRY TO ALL NZSKI SKI AREAS CONSTITUTES ACCEPTANCE OF AND AGREEMENT TO ALL OF NZSKI TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
Transport Terms & Conditions
- These terms and conditions do not waive any rights or remedies you may have under the Consumers Guarantees Act 1993.
- All equipment and personal effects are carried at the passenger's own risk and it is the passenger's responsibility to adequately insure for loss or damage for these items. Travel insurance is recommended.
- NZSki reserves the right to amend, cancel, or postpone services due to weather, road conditions or at their own discretion.
- NZSki cannot guarantee any specific departure frequency due to factors beyond our control such as; weather, road conditions, traffic delays and mechanical break downs.
- Buses can only stop at predetermined bus stops.
- NZSki cannot guarantee any pick ups or drop offs at any particular bus stop or hotel. Stops will only be made if safe conditions prevail.
- NZSki cannot accept liability for losses or additional expenses due to delays of transport services, sickness, injury, mental distress or for any unforeseen circumstance.
- All passengers must have a valid mypass card with a valid transport product, RTBS (online hotel booking) voucher or ticket for travel. Passengers travelling on the Express service boarding after the Snow Centre bound for The Remarkables may purchase their tickets en route. Passengers travelling on the Snow Centre Express service boarding after the Snow Centre bound for Coronet Peak must have a valid ticket prior to travel.
- Our passes are only valid for the person who it is issued to and are non-transferable.
- Identification may be requested when presenting a mypass card or voucher for travel.
- NZSki reserves the right to retain any mypass card that is presented by a person other than the person named on the mypass card without refund.
- Please report any lost or stolen mypass card to NZSki as soon as possible.
- A Hotel Direct transport ticket or RTBS voucher is only valid for the day that it has been booked for unless the ski area is forced to close on that day. In this situation the ticket or voucher may be rebooked again for a later date or a refund will be offered.
- All transport passes and tickets are valid only for the 2020 winter season only. Unused or partially unused products cannot be refunded.
- Refunds may be considered at NZSki’s discretion and only under extenuating circumstances and in accordance with the cancellation policies described above.
- Children under twelve years old must travel with adult supervision.
- Children five and under travel for free on our Snow Centre Express service and do not require a pass.
- Children five and under travel for free on our Hotel Express service, however they do require a reservation prior to travel.
- ‘Child’ pricing is available for persons 6-17 years of age.
- Baby and toddler seats are not provided; however they may be fitted if they are lap & shoulder belt compatible. Parents are solely responsible for supplying and the correct fitting of these seats.
- Food is not permitted to be consumed on any buses. Only drinks that are in a sealed container are permitted.
- Alcohol is strictly prohibited to be carried on our buses as our skifields are licensed areas.
- NZSki has the right to refuse passage to anyone they believe is under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
- Abusive language and/or behaviour is not tolerated on-board any bus or shuttle, or around our arrival and departure areas. This behaviour may result in refusal of service or the immediate removal from the bus or shuttle without refund or compensation.
- Altering or attempting to fraudulently use a mypass card or ticket will incur serious consequences including prosecution.
- NZSki reserves the right to seek compensation for any wilful damage to any NZSki vehicle or property caused by any person.
- Interfering with any of the driver’s controls will result in the immediate removal from the bus and may incur serious consequences including prosecution.